Why can't I open files downloaded from Facebook?
They are based on sharing status updates and (heavily compressed) photos back and forth, andTo prevent pirated downloads, Facebook hides the download path of PDF files, so we cannot see the downloaded files on the Android device.
If you are not in the /Download directory, look in /Images (if you downloaded an image). You may need to dig even deeper into the /Android directory.In your file manager, try searching for "browser", it shows 2 folders with the same file name, mine is "com.
Does this issue only occur when you try to download something using the Google app? yes it is like thatgo to Settings > Apps, select Google, Permissions and make sure Storage is enabled🇧🇷 The Google app should now download files to the /Download directory instead of the protected system /documents directory.
in the top right corner of Facebook and tap Groups, then Your groups and select your group. If you don't see Groups, tap See more. Below the group name, swipe left, and tap Files. Touch and select a file from your phone.
If you cannot open the download folder, some system files may be corrupted. on Windows,The built-in tool - System File Checker - can be used to scan and repair corrupted system files🇧🇷 By running the sfc /scannow command, you can easily solve the Downloads folder not responding issue.
- Open the Android app drawer by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. You can also access the app drawer by touching its icon on the home screen.
- Tap My Files (or File Manager). Open the file manager app on your Android device. 🇧🇷
- Within the My Files app, tap Downloads.
- Open your phone's Files app. Know where to find your apps.
- Your downloaded files will be displayed. To find other files, tap Menu . To sort by name, date, type, or size, tap More. Sort by. If you don't see Sort by, tap Modified or Sort .
- To open a file, tap on it.
Tap your profile photo in the top left to go to your profile. Under your profile photo, tap , and then tap Activity log. At the top of your activity log, tap Archive. Scroll down to the content you want to restore and tap or next to the content, then tap Restore to profile.
pdf files? To download a copy of your Facebook data:Click in the top right corner of any Facebook page and select Settings.In your general account settings, click Download a copy of your Facebook data.
- Click Start and then click your username. 🇧🇷
- Open Windows File Explorer and you will see the Downloads folder under Favorites or Folders.
- Press Win+R to open Run. Then type shell:downloads in the Run box and press Enter to open the Downloads folder.
How do I fix a file that won't download?
- Please cancel the download and try again.
- Instead of clicking on the file to download, right-click on the link and select Save Link As.
- Be sure to download the files to a location on your computer that you can access, such as your desktop or Documents folder. You can change download locations.
Failed to download files from the Internet can occur for many reasons. In general they are:Weak or busy network connection🇧🇷 Incorrect drive location in internet options settings.
- Check your recycle bin. Find the file. 🇧🇷
- Use the control panel. If you can't find the file in the trash, it might still be stored elsewhere on your computer. 🇧🇷
- Use data recovery software. 🇧🇷
- Hire a Data Recovery Service.
Open the Chrome browser > click the three dots menu icon > More tools >Clean navigation data🇧🇷 On the next screen, select "Always" as "Time range", check "Browsing history", "Cookies", "Cached images" and click on the "Clear data" button. After clearing the browser cache, try downloading the file to your computer again.
Run system file checker. The first thing to do when you see an unresponsive or inaccessible Downloads folder is to run System File Checker. The purpose of this built-in Windows utility is to scan all system files.